Monitoring & Evaluation Internship (Paid)
The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will be responsible for the collection of program performance and client outcomes data using MicroTest tools and data collection protocols. MicroTest, an initiative of the Micro-enterprise Fund for Innovation, Effectiveness, Learning and Dissemination (FIELD) through the Aspen Institute, is a nationwide survey-based study that offers a powerful tool for conducting outcomes tracking surveys of micro-enterprise programs’ clients (please visit www.fieldus.org/microtest for further information). This survey compares baseline data from intake to current businesses, personal and household status, with quantitative and qualitative results being recorded for assessment on both an organizational and a national scale. Additional projects and experiences designed to further the intern’s knowledge of the domestic micro-enterprise field and outcomes reporting will be assigned, time permitting.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) 8-12 weeks paid internship. A $4,000 stipend will be provided upon completion of the internship. The intern must be available to work at our Philadelphia office (400 Market St., Suite 210) during regular office hours. A June 3 start date is preferred. In addition to the stipend, the intern will gain experience in a fast-paced non-profit setting, develop new skills in data gathering and reporting, and understand first-hand how a community-based organization contributes to local development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review MicroTest procedures, program research design, workplan, etc.
- Identify and collect list of clients to conduct random sampling
- Conduct outreach to selected clients via postcard mailings and email blasts
- Gather selected clients’ files and input baseline information into provided spreadsheet
- Assist in new data collection activities, including conducting phone surveys and emailing surveys for impact measurement and consolidating data for MicroTest reports
- Assist in client follow-up, data cleaning and verification activities
- Assist in framing significant issues, data analysis and report development—time permitting
Required Education, Skills & Interest:
- Current or incoming graduate students are strongly preferred
- Pursuing a degree in public administration, planning, business administration, economics or a related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience and/or coursework in research methods
- Proven outstanding communications skills
- Experience in surveying and interviewing, especially with low-income individuals
- Experience working with MS Excel databases
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and interested in pursuing a career that addresses domestic poverty and/or economic inequality
- Familiarity with TEA software preferred but not required
Please email a brief cover letter and resume with 3 references to Page Terlizzi at [email protected]. Please write “Monitoring & Evaluation Intern” in the Subject Line of the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!