Marketing Intern Summer 2019
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our marketing department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing manager in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment.
Marketing Intern responsibilities include:
- Posting and Engaging with clients on social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Distributing flyers and other marketing materials
- Organizing marketing events
- Supporting the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Interviewing Entrepreneur Works clients about their entrepreneurial journeys, and helping to create client “success story” profiles to include on our web site
- Working on stories for our e-newsletter and blog
- We are open to new ideas! If you think you can make an impact through another original project or initiative, we’d love to hear about it.
We are looking for an intern to work full-time this summer, approximately 35 hours per week. Exact start date is negotiable, but June 3 is preferred.
Compensation & Other Benefits
This is an unpaid internship opportunity. Students looking for course credit are encouraged to apply!
The intern will also have the chance to gain experience and build skills in: marketing strategies, digital content creation for social media and print, branding, event planning, writing and packaging marketing materials; shaping and producing video and blog stories; and the ins and outs of working for a small, community-oriented nonprofit organization, particularly one that serves traditionally underserved entrepreneurs.
Appropriate Areas of Study
Students majoring in Marketing, Communications, Non-Profit Management, English and/or Community Development are especially encouraged to apply, but the position is open to students of any major with strong writing, photography and social media skills and a passion for helping local small business owners.
Software & Technology Used for Position:
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Publisher)
- Drupal content management system (similar to WordPress)
- Adobe Creative Suite 5.0 (particularly InDesign)
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Knowledge of and interest in learning different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Superb written communication skills
- Social media savvy
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Experience in social media, marketing and/or event planning
- Passion for working on behalf of a diverse population of entrepreneurs
- Interest micro-finance and entrepreneurship development
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Videography and video editing skills a plus
Please email a brief cover letter and resume to Malika Bethea at [email protected]. Please write “Marketing Intern” in the Subject Line. No phone calls, please!