Development Intern Summer 2019
The Development Intern will support the Development and Communications Manager with identifying and securing new funding opportunities including building out an engaging individual donor campaign and grant proposal calendar. The individual will conduct research to identify innovative fundraising tools and strategies, maintain our donor database via Salesforce and MailChimp and assist with creating a suite of new marketing materials for donors. The Development Intern will work closely with the Marketing Team to develop innovative ways to engage a new generation of supporters (e.g. university students and young professionals interested in micro-finance and social entrepreneurship).
This is a full-time (12 weeks, 40hours per week) unpaid internship. The intern must be available to work at our Philadelphia office (400 Market St., Suite 210) during regular office hours. Exact start date is negotiable, but June 3 is preferred. While this is an unpaid position, the intern will gain experience in a fast-paced non-profit setting, develop new skills in communications and relationship-building, and understand first-hand how a community-based organization contributes to local development.
Appropriate Areas of Study
Those studying Non-Profit Management, Social Work, Business, Community Development, and Entrepreneurship are particularly encouraged to apply, but the position is open to students of any major with a strong interest in micro-finance and/or social entrepreneurship.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct research on current fundraising data, formulas, strategies and best practices
- Assist Development Manager and Marketing Team in creating and implementing a strategy for donor re-engagement and new donor recruitment
- Organize and maintain donor database in Salesforce and MailChimp
- Streamline donor outreach and engagement
- Support planning and logistics for fundraising events and gatherings
- Attend events to engage new partners and donors
Software & Technology Used for Position:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite: Some familiarity with InDesign and Canva is preferred.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Experience in online fundraising, marketing and event planning
- Interest in micro-finance and entrepreneurship development
- Passion for working with diverse and underserved populations
- Proficiency with web-based media, including social networking applications (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), contact management software and email blast systems (Salesforce and MailChimp)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Please email a brief cover letter and resume to Page Terlizzi at [email protected]. Please write “Development Intern” in the Subject Line.
We look forward to hearing from you!