If you're creative, driven, and passionate about working with small businesses, Entrepreneur Works might have just the opportunity for you! Below you will find available openings for staff employment as well as internship opportunities.
The staff at Entrepreneur Works has always been there for me, through the good and the bad. They believe in me when others don't, support me when I feel like turning around, and cheer every time I cross the finish line."
Joel Austin, CEO of Daddy University Inc.
Work With Us
POSITION: Loan Portfolio Manager
REPORTS TO: President & CEO; Managing Director
Entrepreneur Works Fund is a non-profit, certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) focused on growing small businesses and creating jobs in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. Our mission is to cultivate and promote successful entrepreneurs among underserved populations and in underserved areas of the region — entrepreneurs who then become economic engines in their own communities.
Our loan portfolio provides affordable microloans between $500 and $50,000 to entrepreneurs who might otherwise be unable to secure capital from a traditional bank. We have no minimum credit score and can be flexible around collateral as well as the age and revenue of the business. By connecting hundreds of entrepreneurs each year with access to capital, one-on-one technical assistance, business training and networking opportunities, Entrepreneur Works Fund helps promising individuals develop economic self-sufficiency and create job opportunities through business ownership.
For more information, please visit www.MyEntrepreneurWorks.org
Entrepreneur Works Fund seeks a Loan Portfolio Manager to be responsible for the management and soundness of the organization’s small business loan portfolio. The Loan Portfolio Manager will work with Entrepreneur Works Fund’s lending unit to manage the small business loan portfolio and be responsible for loan closing, processing, servicing, reporting, and coordinating technical assistance for current borrowers, in addition to assisting with expanding the portfolio through loan sourcing, origination, underwriting and loan policy research.
Entrepreneur Works is currently focused on expanding the small business loan portfolio and developing new, competitive products that are relevant to the populations that the organization serves. The Loan Portfolio Manager will be integral to this effort — building community partnerships, engaging current borrowers, designing new products, and bringing efficiency to department operations.
This position requires an energetic, flexible, highly detailed-oriented and organized individual with superior written and verbal communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment and as part of a dynamic, multicultural team of talented professionals. The ideal candidate will be an experienced loan administrator who is passionate about our mission, has a commitment to excellence, and can demonstrate a proven ability to multitask, prioritize and manage projects under tight deadlines.
Portfolio Servicing and Management
- Monitors and manages the performance of the loan portfolio including loan delinquency management, collections, problem loans and workouts within established policies and performance standards
- Collects and enters all required client and transaction data into loan processing system and database
- Prepares and tracks the disbursement and repayment of loans, including associated fees and interest payments
- Prepares closing documents for approved loans, coordinates loan closings, and maintains loan files
- Coordinates on-going technical assistance to borrowers to ensure timely and complete loan repayment
- Prepares reports and presentations for senior management, loan committee, funders and the board
- Assists accounting and administrative staff to ensure accurate and timely financial recordkeeping and preparing for the annual audit
- Ensures that data collection, reporting and filing systems meet organization’s reporting needs and complies with any and all contract, funder and audit requirements
- Responds to periodic industry and funder surveys
- Works closely with the senior management team to prepare proposals for the funding and financing of operations and the loan fund for current needs and anticipated growth
- Conducts research on legal, regulatory and public policy issues relevant to community development finance and updates loan policy and operating procedure documents, manuals, loan applications and related documents as needed
New Business Development and Loan Origination
- Assist with marketing and outreach to prospective borrowers
- Cultivates relationships, makes presentations to and builds referral networks with banks, local government agencies, community organizations, business associations and other financial intermediaries
- Loan applicant intake, underwriting and analysis
- Identifies, develops and implements new financial products to serve the market and meets loan production and operating efficiency goals
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (relevant experience will be considered);
- Two or more years of small business loan administration experience in a commercial bank, CDFI or similar organization is preferred, but experience in mortgage or consumer lending will be considered;
- Superior writing, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong financial analysis skills;
- Demonstrated interest in microfinance, entrepreneurship and working with diverse and underserved populations;
- Experience working/volunteering for a non-profit organization a plus
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Power Point) and experience with relational database applications;
- Must be a detail-oriented, highly organized team player who is able to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience, plus full benefits package.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements by August 31, 2018 to email@example.com with “Loan Portfolio Manager 2018” in the Subject Line. No phone calls, please.
Volunteer With Us
Entrepreneur Works offers both ongoing and project-specific volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Please contact our Office Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like more information.