If you're creative, driven, and passionate about working with small businesses, Entrepreneur Works might have just the opportunity for you! Below you will find available openings for staff employment as well as internship opportunities.
The staff at Entrepreneur Works has always been there for me, through the good and the bad. They believe in me when others don't, support me when I feel like turning around, and cheer every time I cross the finish line."
Joel Austin, CEO of Daddy University Inc.
Work With Us
Entrepreneur Works Fund creates pathways of opportunity for talented yet underserved entrepreneurs. Across the Philadelphia region our clients start and grow small businesses, create jobs for themselves and their neighbors, and strengthen the local economy. As a non-profit organization offering access to small business loans, training, and one-on-one counseling, Entrepreneur Works Fund empowers small business owners from all walks of life to prosper and build sustainable communities. We support hundreds of aspiring and established entrepreneurs each year, with a particular focus on those who are low- to moderate-income; women; immigrants; members of racial or ethnic minority groups; or are otherwise underserved.
Since 1998 Entrepreneur Works Fund has impacted approximately 4,600 microenterprises and advanced 447 microloans, investing more than $1.6M directly into neighborhood businesses.
For more information, please visit www.MyEntrepreneurWorks.org.
The EntrepreneurTracker Intern will help us collect vital data to find out how our clients and programs are doing. EntrepreneurTracker, an initiative of the Microenterprise Fund for Innovation, Effectiveness, Learning and Dissemination (FIELD) through the Aspen Institute, is the only ongoing, standardized data collection effort that provides credible data on the outcomes of entrepreneurs served by Microenterprises and small business development organizations. This survey compares baseline data from intake to current businesses, personal and household status, with quantitative and qualitative results being recorded for assessment on both an organizational and a national scale. The EntrepreneurTracker Intern will be responsible for collecting program performance and client outcomes data using EntrepreneurTracker tools and data collection protocols.
Please visit http://microtracker.org for more details.
This is a full-time summer internship (12 weeks, 40 hours per week) beginning in mid-May 2017 and ending in mid-August 2017. Exact start and end dates are negotiable. The intern must be available to work at our Philadelphia office (111 S. Independence Mall East, Suite 528) during regular office hours.
A $4,000 stipend will be provided to the intern upon completion of the internship.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in EntrepreneurTracker’s training webinar for survey interviewers in early June. Review procedures, program research design, work-plan, etc.
- Conduct outreach to clients selected in our 100-client random sample via postcard mailings and email blasts.
- Gather selected clients’ files and input baseline information into provided spreadsheet.
- Collect new data by conducting phone surveys with 100 clients to measure client outcomes (with a minimum 50% response rate as our goal).
- Enter and consolidate survey response data into provided spreadsheet.
- Assist in client follow-up, data cleaning and verification activities.
- Assist in framing significant issues, data analysis and report development (time permitting).
- Assist in compiling and analyzing program performance data for clients served in FY2017 (July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017).
Required Education, Skills & Interest:
- Incoming college juniors, seniors, and/or graduate students strongly preferred
- Students pursuing a degree in public administration, urban planning, public health, economics, statistics or a related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience and/or coursework in research methods
- Proven outstanding communications skills
- Experience in surveying and interviewing, especially with low-income individuals
- Experience working with MS Excel databases
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and interested in pursuing a career that addresses domestic poverty and/or economic inequality.
Please email a brief letter of interest and resume with two references to Tanya Grinblat at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “EntrepreneurTracker Intern” in the Subject Line of the email. No phone calls please.
POSITION: Program Associate (Part-time)
REPORTS TO: Director of Entrepreneur Services
Entrepreneur Works seeks a part-time Program Associate to assist our Director of Entrepreneur Services with marketing, community outreach, strategic partnerships, and program development and implementation. The Program Associate will coordinate and assist with managing classes and workshops, promote all programs, and maintain all data and reporting requirements.
This position requires an energetic, flexible, highly detailed-oriented and organized individual with superior written and verbal communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment and as part of a dynamic, multicultural team of talented professionals. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission, has a commitment to excellence, and can demonstrate a proven ability to multitask, prioritize and manage projects under tight deadlines.
- Manage and execute digital marketing activities including social media platforms, email marketing, blogs, analytics, etc.; assist with maintaining website)
- Establish and maintain Entrepreneur Works online networking groups (e.g. Facebook Group for Women)
- Developing/securing digital content (i.e. articles, videos, e-books, white papers, photos, presentations, etc.)
- Developing client stories and testimonials
- Managing and executing offline marketing activities (distributing promotional materials, print ads, attending networking and promotional events, etc.)
- Establishing strategic partnerships with organizations/businesses, etc. that have access to our target populations
- Achieving all client participation goals related to Entrepreneur Works contracts and grants
- Conducting on-going marketing activities targeted to Entrepreneur Works’ existing customers, customer database, and target market
Program Administration and Development
- Assist facilitators with coordinating and managing groups and their activities including:
- Executing enrollment process for all Entrepreneur Services programs
- Coordinating/scheduling/hosting workshops, meetings, networking events, etc.
- Securing workshop/meeting/networking event facilities and resources (i.e. presentation equipment, materials, instructors/guest speakers, etc.)
- Corresponding with business development consultants, instructors, guests, etc.
- Assisting Director with creating services and programs
- Maintaining and executing all reporting requirements for Entrepreneur Works’ Programs (including data input, writing program reports, files, etc.)
- Maintaining and executing all client data input required for program reports and statistics
- Manage client data base system (TEA)
- Drafting program reports for Board meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Entrepreneur Services
- College degree preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in an office environment/program administration preferred
- Extensive computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe); ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Proven skills in social networking (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.); familiarity with digital/inbound marketing
- Superior verbal and writing communication skills; public speaking and presentation skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to multi-task
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from various backgrounds
- Has demonstrated experience in community outreach
- Must be committed to Entrepreneur Works’ mission of growing successful businesses in low- and moderate-income communities.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience. This is a part-time position (20 hours per week).
APPLICATIONS DUE: March 17, 2017
START DATE: May 2017
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume (with “Program Associate'” in the subject line) to Tanya Grinblat: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
Principal Responsibilities of DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER:
- Crafts, edits and submits grant proposals and progress reports to federal, state and local government funders, as well as private foundations and corporate contributors.
- Prepares sponsorship, donor request and thank-you letters to individual and corporate contributors.
- Manages all aspects of annual appeal campaign (direct mail and online giving) geared toward individual donors.
- Researches and investigates prospective new corporate, foundation and government funders.
- Works with President & CEO to outline and implement new fundraising strategies, with a focus on reaching out to new categories of individual and corporate donors.
- Coordinates regular meetings of Board-level Resource Development and Special Events committees.
- Leads planning, sponsorship outreach and coordination for annual fundraising event.
- Prepares special reports and presentations as requested by the President & CEO.
- Manages annual data collection process and summer intern to conduct client outcomes surveys.
- Oversees weekly and monthly e-blasts and other regular digital communications featuring resources and information for clients, funders, and other key stakeholders.
- Manages Entrepreneur Works’ website.
- Ensures consistent branding and messaging across all communications platforms.
- Updates program fact sheets, writes client success stories and assembles other information as needed.
- Cultivates and circulates to local and national media contacts re: organizational activities and events, as well as op-eds and client success stories. Writes Letters to the Editor on behalf of organization.
- Attends and participates in Board and Executive Committee meetings; prepares meeting minutes.
- Coordinates meetings of Board-level Communications committee.
- Recruits and supervises Communications interns and volunteers.
- Minimum of a B.A. degree and 3-5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills required.
- Experience in grant writing for nonprofits and event planning required. Experience with media relations preferred.
- Proven proficiency in MS Office Suite; graphic design skills (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop) a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in microfinance, entrepreneurship development, and working with diverse and underserved populations.
- Savvy with web-based media, social media platforms, Content Management Systems, and Customer Relationship Management systems.
SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience, plus full benefits package.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail (with “Development & Communications Manager” in the Subject Line) to Tanya Grinblat: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applications are due by March 17, 2017. Position will begin May 2017.
Volunteer With Us
Entrepreneur Works offers both ongoing and project-specific volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Please contact our Office Administrator (email@example.com) if you would like more information.